This week we are spinning with joy “wHeeeeee!” to have an interview with our Kary from TheKnottySheep.
1. What is/are the name of your shop/s?
The Knotty Sheep
2. What kind of items do you sell?
handspun yarn, hand painted yarn & wool fibers to spin. I hope to add my original art very soon.
3. How long have you been engaged in your art/craft?
I have been knitting since I was nine. Suffice to say - *that* was a while ago. The spinning came about approximately 8 years ago. I started on a drop spindle - now I have 3 spinning wheels.
4. Do you consider yourself a hobbyist or a professional craftsperson? Actually, I classify myself as an artist.
5. What inspires you?
my dog! I donate 5% of my sales to animal rescue. Diesel came from a shelter ... I create in honor of those who have been left behind.
6. Please share with us what a typical day is like in your workshop or studio?
I do work part time outside the home - so I don't have a 'typical day'. My spinning is actually spread throughout the house - guess I like changes of scenery!
7. What keeps you company while you’re working on a project?
Classical music or Public Radio International/NPR. Currently, I am listening to Christmas music.
8. What is your favorite 'task' related to your art/craft?
Quality control. Yes - while packaging - I love making sure that everything is just perfect.
9. What is your least favorite 'task' related to your art/craft?
Cleaning up after dyEing or carding.
10. What are some of the venues you use to promote your shop/ware?(Do you blog? (To which teams do you belong? Do you use other sites? Which ones? etc.)
I have a blog. I need to be more creative in finding to ways to promote.
No other sites, but on Etsy I belong to BBEST Team & Team EFA (Etsy for Animals)
11. Related to your craft, tell us about a funny, strange or unusual situation you found yourself.
Whenever I mention that "I spin" - people always assume I mean a 'spinning exercise class'!
12. Tell us something about you that we wouldn’t necessarily know about you by talking to you in the forums.
My husband & I have no children - but, pets do count!
13. What’s your favorite book and why, favorite movie and why, favorite kind of music?
book: "On Death & Dying" by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross. It is a true eye opener! Movie:" Shawshank Redemption" - a survival story. It is blessed with a human-ness that is inspirational. Music .... anything classical!
14. Would you care to share any 'words of wisdom' with other aspiring artists or crafters?
There are so many times when the inner critic comes out and yells at your Spirit - condemning or mocking your work. I have found that if you let your Spirit soar .... that inner critic doesn't seem to know how to Fly!
Please leave comments for our team mate Kary. She would love to hear what you liked best or what you totally related to!