Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Breaking Out in 2009 and Having More Fun

Hi all! As 2009 quickly approaches I’ve been thinking about ways to break out of my comfort zone and in the process help my teammates that would like to break out of theirs. Reflecting back, I’ve realized that some of the best times I’ve had or the most satisfaction I have felt was doing something a little foreign to me. Certainly getting on a plane to go meet people I had never met before (the bbest weekend in Boston) falls under that category but look how fabulous that turned out to be.

For sure it is cozy in our boxes and there is nothing wrong with that but isn’t it fun to shake things up a bit? I’m not suggesting that its time to run away and join the circus, just stretch out a bit.

So this month, lets start out with baby steps. I find the bbest members to be a very artistic and creative group of people. I think most of us have other interests and hobbies that maybe we’ve talked about a little but maybe haven’t shown each other. Or maybe we have a desire to try another medium. Well our challenge for this, the first month of the new year, is this….. Make something that we, your teammates would not expect you to make. Take a photo and email it to myself, joonie or six. We will put it on Flickr with no name attached. Then we will all try to see if we can guess which art belongs to which member. You know you enjoy guessing games, who doesn’t? And if you haven’t been very active on the team now is your chance to show us that you would love to get to know your teammates (and yourself) a little better.

It’s a win win for everyone!!!

I’d like to toast one our favorite members, Rosegardenfae for making 08 the year she stepped out of her norm. *applause here*

And on the theme of boxes… here are a few of my fav’s. No need to step out of these.




From Nonnie's Treasuries


from VanFleetStreetDesigns






from HeronKate



from BethPeardonProds

Joon, Six and I would like to wish all our bbest friends a very Happy, Healthy, and Fun, New Year! We love this team and are grateful for all the support, laughs and most importantly, friendship you have given us!

18 comments:

Beth said...

Chauncey, great feature....thanks for displaying my shadowbox. I am soooo looking forward to this challenge. Seems like it will be alot of fun.....

Anonymous said...

Uh Oh!!! I will try!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Zuda Gay Pease said...

Doing something different can trigger our creativity to another level. Great challenge. I am going to try. :) Lovely boxes!!!

Kim said...

Chauncey! Thank you for including my piece in your post! What a nice surprise!
Brett

The Filigree Garden said...

Very good challenge idea and very appropriate for starting a new year with thinking in new directions!

joon said...

A bright, shiny new year with surprises in store for us all. LoVe it! Thanks, Chaunce!

AltheaP said...

Thanks to Chauncey, Six and Joon for becoming our fearless leaders, and happy new year to all.

And a very special smackeroo on the cheek to Rosegardenfae!

Precious Quilts said...

What an excellent idea and what fun!!! OK, PQ puts her hat on... fingers strumming on desk.. a bolt out of the blue? Who knows?

Happy New Year to all my BBEST friends and thank you so much for a wonderful 2008 and an even better 2009.

A toast too, to Rosegardenfae, someone who is to be admired for her tenacity! Well done!!!

Hic! xx

Anonymous said...

So excited about us doing this. It is going to be a
fun experience !

Pam said...

Wonderful post....wonderful idea for our next activity....and fabulous boxes by our talented Boomers! Great job!

MagdaleneJewels said...

Chauncey - you are right - we do tend to get stuck doing the same things when I am sure all of us have so many different talents.
Love your idea for the new year!
New Year, New Beginnings, New Ventures!

Love the Boomer Boxes!

~*~Pearl~*~ said...

ok I no I posted a woohoo on this!
OMG i'm loosing my mind i guess..
~XO~ for the new year!

Rose said...

I am honored to be mentioned in your post Chauncey.. and like your idea for January..

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Boomer friends! Thanks so much to each and everyone for your friendship and support.

Chauncey, great post, and great idea for a challenge. What a way to start the new year.

xxoo
Junky

PoseyPatch said...

Great idea for a challenge and a great post, I think I know what I'm going to do. I haven't been very active lately (sooo busy with work and soo glad I still have a job) but need to stay active here!
Thanks!
Mary (poseypatch)

Jean Levert Hood said...

oh noooo!! I only paint! I've never been any good at crafts. OK, ok ok. I'll try something!!

N. Beecher said...

I'm in, I will find something that I can just sit and do. Have been looking for something anyway.

SendingLoveGallery said...

wonderful idea...now, what to do?!