Friday, January 30, 2009

Meet The Boomers!

This week you get to meet Kathy, from KathysKraftyKreation!

1. What is/are the name of your shop/s? KathysKraftyKreation

2. What kind of items do you sell? Beadwoven Jewelry, Eyeglass Leashes, Counted Cross Stitches and what ever else I feel like making.il_430xN.28468670

3. How long have you been engaged in your art/craft? Jewelry about 1-1/2 years, counted cross stitch about 10 years, and everything else...forever.

4. Do you consider yourself a hobbyist or a professional craftsperson? I am definately a crafter, not a professional. I get bored making the same old thing all the time so I do alot of different things so I am a master of none.

5. What inspires you? I haven't got the slightest idea. I just see something I like and think I can do it, too.

6. Please share with us what a typical day is like in your workshop or studio? I sit in my recliner, turn on the TV and do something. Beading: I choose the beads and start sewing up something, no pattern, just winging it. Cross stitch: I pick out a pattern, get out my floss and start stitching. I have no idea what's on the TV but I change the channel periodically just so I feel like I'm paying attention to it.

7. What keeps you company while you’re working on a project? TV and my dogs.

il_430xN.14927713

8. What is your favorite 'task' related to your art/craft? Finishing. The things I do take so much time that I can't wait to get done. I'm all enthused for the first couple of inches, bored for the next four, and totally excited to be done with the project for the last inch.

9. What is your least favorite 'task' related to your art/craft? Photographing and listing on Etsy. I am so photographically challenged it isn't funny and I can never think of cute, catchy things to write about my items as some other people I know do.

10. What are some of the venues you use to promote your shop/ware?(Do you blog? To which teams do you belong? Do you use other sites? Which ones? etc.)
Etsy is my only venue. I do not blog because I just don't think anyone would be that interested in what I have to say and besides that, I like immediate reactions to what I say so I can respond. I only belong to the best team which is Bbest (Boomers and Beyond Etsy Street Team).

il_430xN.16703657

11. Related to your craft,tell us about a funny, strange or unusual situation you found yourself in. Well, the only thing I can think of is the chat room on Fridays and Sundays. We have so much fun.

12. Tell us something about you that we wouldn’t necessarily know by talking with you in the forums. There is nothing you don't all know. I'm pretty open about everything. I usually have at least one, if not both of my feet in my mouth, due to my honesty about things.

13. What’s your favorite book and why, favorite movie and why, favorite kind of music?
The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings because they are such good books. Movie is Dirty Dancing. Why, 2 words: Patrick Swayze. Music is Country Western because I didn't like disco or acid rock so I switched to Country Western and because you can dance to it while holding on to your partner. I also like Oldies for the obvious reason that I'm old.

il_430xN.37565750

14. Would you care to share any 'words of wisdom' with other aspiring artists or crafters?
Try it, you'll like it. I'm all about straight lines and symmetry and am the least artistic, creative person I know so if I can do it, so can you. There is great joy in making/creating something that someone, other than you, will love.

Please leave comments after reading. Our member would love to hear from  you!

5 comments:

~*~Pearl~*~ said...

cool post getting to know Kathy better!!! awesome bead work!!!

On a Whimsey said...

Another terrific interview (thank you Brett!) with a great team member! It is always so nice to find out about our fellow members especially when you admire their work like I do!!!

Pam said...

Loved getting to know you better, Kathy! Thanks, Brett, for a terrific interview.
Kathy, your work is wonderful!

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Thank you so much for featuring Kathy. She is so much more talented (and creative!) than she lets on :D

joon said...

Kathy, what a breath of fresh air. Thanks for a delightful interview. The Patrick Swayze line is killing me the most. ox joonie