Monday, July 20, 2009

Sally Visits the Blog

"Looks good!" I exclaimed to myself, as I peeked in the fridge to check the dessert Sally and I were going to enjoy today. As if right on cue, the doorbell rang.


"Sally, so good to see you," as I welcomed her in.

"Good to see you, too," said Sally. "What have you been up to?" she asked.

"Well," I replied, "You know I get so far behind on things sometimes, and these are those times!" I sighed. "For example, I just now caught up on reading the last four posts to our Bbest team's blog."

"Have I seen the blog before?" queried Sally.

"I don't remember," I answered, "But you are about to because these last four posts are really terrific. Not only are these folks all excellent writers, their creative talents are fabulous as well," I continued.

"Well," said Sally, "Let's don't waste another minute. Show me!"

"First, let's read Judy's post about county and state fairs and all the fun, food, and excitement! Makes me want to go to our county fair this year," I said.

"Hey, that sounds like fun," agreed Sally. "Want to go together?" she asked.


"Terrific," I replied, "and now let me show you some things from Judy's shop."

http://www.jnoriginals.etsy.com/
Urbandale, Iowa













































"Those are wonderful!" exclaimed Sally. "Who else wrote on the team blog?"


"Pat, of Precious Quilts, wrote about Bastille Day in France. That was a day of liberty for the French people, kind of like our Fourth of July. So interesting and informative!" I said. "Pat makes really lovely items, too," I continued.


http://www.preciousquilts.etsy.com/
West Sussex, United Kingdom













































"Ooooh, I love that christening cape," sighed Sally. "Who's next?" she asked.

"Linda, from Nonnie's Treasures," I answered. "She is a stained glass artist, makes jewelry, and collectible dolls. Her post was about old sayings and how they originated. So much fun, and so interesting! I loved it! You will love it, too," I said. "And you will enjoy looking at her creations," I continued.

Danville, Pennsylvania







































"Oh, my, those are gorgeous," said Sally. "Who else wrote on the blog?" she asked.

"Well, Liv, from The Filigree Garden, wrote all about the unofficial holidays, such as Chocolate Day and Peach Ice Cream Day, and even made up some of her own! Not only does she invent holidays, she makes lovely jewelry inspired by nature," I said.

Mendon, Massachusetts







































"Love her designs," said Sally. "All that reading and looking, and now I'm starving. Didn't I hear something about chocolate when I came in, or was that just wishful thinking on my part?" Sally asked.

"Your wish is about to come true. Come with me, dear friend, and we will savor a mouth-watering no-bake chocolate cheesecake. And before you go, I'll even give you the website where I found it," I smiled.

"Sounds scrumptious!" exclaimed Sally. "And while we eat, can we look at some more of those talented Boomer shops?"

"You betcha," I replied. "We'll just take a peek, and you can check out their entire shop listings when you get home. And, before I forget, here is where to find the recipe for this delicious cheesecake we are eating."


New Brunswick, Canada










Denver, Colorado














10 comments:

On a Whimsey said...

Wonderful post, as always! Love the way you bring the last posts in for members (and others) to catch up!

Thanks for mentioning mine and showing some of my items!

Pam said...

You are more than welcome!

blazingneedles said...

Great post Pam! Always good to read what you and Sally are up to :)

Anonymous said...

Fun post Pam. I will have to check out that recipe !

The Filigree Garden said...

Thank you so much for mentioning my shop and showing my items. Did someone say cheesecake?? ;-)

Pamela Baker said...

Love reading the adventures of Sally. Great blog - and love all the little treasures you found from some of the Bbest blogs!

Chauncey said...

Pam, another fun post from you!! (and Sally).

Jean Levert Hood said...

Lovely selections Pam!!

Zuda Gay Pease said...

Great post, Pam!! The cheesecake sounds yummy!! Wonderful shops to get to look through!

joon said...

Thanks again, Pam and Sally!

:)