Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's Summer!!

Are you ready for the summer??

I hope so because it’s here! I’m not a fan of the heat but I must admit there is something so relaxing about the summer months. The warm weather seems to make things move a little slower, makes us undo a button or two and gives us the freedom of sitting back a little more to watch the world go by.

I don’t know about you but summer often gives me a nostalgic feeling. Remembering good times with family and friends and the rituals that made this time of year so special. Here was the perfect day from my summers past…..

First, lets load up the beach bag......

with a sunhat....

and a great book....

jump in Dad's old Chevy......

and enjoy some time on the beach

(truth be told I always wore a swimsuit, lol).....


Maybe look for some seashells.....

come home and enjoy some watermelon.....


and smell the lovely hydrangeas.


Wishing you all a happy summer filled with your own lovely memories!

And make some new ones, why don't ya??

Life is good!

16 comments:

On a Whimsey said...

Oh Chaunce, a fabby post!!! Great story and choices for your pics. Roll on the lazy, hazy days of summer :)

blazingneedles said...

I am remembering the great summers of my youth!

Anonymous said...

Loving the post Chauncey. Now I want some watermelon !

Yankeegirl said...

I'll take your word for it that it's Summer!! I agree with your sentiments about the wonderful, carefree summer months...love it!!

Thanks so much for including my Hydrangea watercolor with all of the other beauties!!

Zuda Gay Pease said...

Lovely post, Chauncey!! I would love summer if it weren't for the humidity and heat. ;)

Kary said...

Lovely .... I need some sun and this post sure made me feel like summer, was indeed here! Thx!

Fused Glass said...

Nice Chauncey!

Linda said...

This is a fun post, Chauncey! Love it!

Beth said...

I love this, now I'm singing Beach Boy songs.....thanks for including me.

Jean Levert Hood said...

too fun Chauncey!!

Judy Nolan said...

I'm not a fan of the heat, either, but enjoyed this tale of good summer memories. Great product selections, too!

joon said...

Chaunce, another fabby post theme. Thanks so much for featuring my bag with all these lovely items. It's like a Rebus Tale. Cool. And I need cool today. Heat index 101* already today.

Beth Anderson said...

Fabulous postings - thanks for sharing with us.

AltheaP said...

Here's another vote for less summer heat, but great post and thanks for including my sunhat!

Jill said...

Happy Summer!! Great post.

Pam said...

How creative! Beautiful art that you chose to share! Just lovely!