One by One! We're going to run a series of mini interviews, based on questions that we think were originally posed by Gerry of Gerry's Jewel Box as a basis for getting to know each other (thanks, Gerry). We will go in no particular order, but will do our BBEST to get everyone posted.
The third interview in our series is with BethPeardonProds.
Here are her answers to the questions:
1. What is the name of your shop/s?
I have one shop, Beth Peardon Productions
2. What kind of items do you sell?
My shop is Photography. They are all my original prints. My prints can be put on note cards and I have expanded into magnets and ACEO's.
3. How long have you been engaged in your art/craft?When I was 13 years old my father gave me my first camera for my birthday. I was thrown into the world of photography and have loved every minute of it.
4. Do you consider yourself a hobbyist or a professional craftsperson?
I've always considered this a hobby but now that I have totally immersed myself into my photography and selling on Etsy and at shows, I feel I'm somewhere in the middle between a hobbyist and a professional craftsperson.
5. What inspires you?Nature is my biggest inspiration. I can be cleaning my house and all I have to do is hear a bird tweeting and out I go to grab a photograph of it. Living in the Northeast part of the country I have the joys of all 4 seasons which I enjoy shooting.
6. Please share with us what a typical day is like in your workshop or studio?
I don't have a studio unless you call a studio a little corner of my basement, but most of my time is in front of the computer. Once I download my photographs I look at each one, delete ones I don't feel are worth saving and actually let the others sit a day or two while I think. Once I know what I want to do I can spend hours on my pictures. I do a lot of staring and looking and trying new techniques. Now that I'm doing ACEO's, it’s brought a whole new area for me to show off my photography and that’s been a lot of fun for me.
7. What keeps you company while you are working on a project?I either play some music but mostly my TV...I work full time all day and most nights I'm in front of the computer with my nightly TV shows on in the background. A lot of times I'm not even watching, but the sound keeps me company. Sometimes I get so immersed in my work I don't even hear the phone ringing.
8. What is your favorite 'task' related to your art/craft?
Being outside taking my photographs with a solid idea and a plan done up in my head, I love it, especially in the warm weather.
9. What is your least favorite 'task' related to your art/craft?
Least is fixing a photograph that needs tweeking. I try my best to set my camera and the less I have to do in my programs the better I feel.
10. Would you care to share any 'words of wisdom' with other aspiring artists or
Have confidence in what you do. Feel good about your creations. You can't please everyone but as long as you love what you do and feel good about your creations, that’s all that matters.
Please leave a comment about the featured artist. Did you learn anything about Beth that you hadn't known before? What can you relate to?